The Zebralight H52 head torch has a maximum output of 300 lumens from the Cree XM-L2 LED inside a wide angle reflector. The light has a nominal CCT 6300K, giving it a cool white tint; the higher the Kelvin (K) number, the cooler the beam temperature. The headlamp can be powered using either 1 x AA (alkaline, NiMH or lithium) or 14500 Li-ion battery.
In addition to the three main levels of High, Mid and Low, the H52 features a beacon and strobe mode. Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.
One short click on the head torch turns on the light to High and again to switch it off; two short-click turns on the light to Mid and three short-click turns on the light to the special modes. Press and hold the switch (for over 0.6 seconds) to cycle through Low, then Mid and High, simply releasing at the desired level.
For more advance operation and configuration, press and hold to cycle from Low to Mid to High, and release at the desired level to set. Double click the switch to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections for the 3 main levels are memorised after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. When a configuration is finished, short click to turn off the light. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
High: H1 300 lumens - 0.9 hrs runtime or H2 184 lumens - 1.7 hrs runtime / 116 lumens - 3 hrs runtime
Medium: M1 54 lumens - 7.5 hrs or M2 27 lumens - 12 hrs / 13 lumens - 27 hrs runtime
Low: L1 2.9 lumens - 4 days runtime or L2 0.36 lumens - 3 weeks runtime / 0.06 lumens - 2 months runtime / 0.01 lumens - 3 months runtime
Waterproof to IPX-7.
Includes: Headband, spare o-rings & one AA battery.
- Operating Voltage Range: 0.7V - 4.2V
- 80º Spill
- 12º Hot Spot
- Head Diameter: 0.86" / 21.8 mm
- Length: 3" / 76.5 mm
- Weight: 1.1 oz. / 32 g (excluding battery and headband)
- Nominal CCT 6300K
- Battery capacity indicator
- All levels are current regulated
- Low battery alert when the light is switched Off (LED flashes if the battery voltage is below 1.06V)
- Automatic stepping down to lower output when battery capacity is low
- Builtin over-discharging protection for 14500 batteries at 2.8V cut off
- Durable electronic soft-touch switch
- Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels and beacon-strobes
- Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade aluminum bar stocks
- Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing
- Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
- Sealed and potted LED driver circuitry
- Tempered optical grade glass
- Battery power can be disconnected by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
- Waterproof to IPX7
11/01/2019 - WILLS, Newton Abbot
An excellant quality headlamp that doubles as an EDC light. My fourth Zebra Light. Recommended.
30/10/2018 - Mr Hazell, Berkhamsted
This is the second Zebra light i have purchased, only bought a second to have as a spare in the car. I called the guys for advice and they were friendly, helpful and the delivery Incredibly quick of the cost. Would use again and again and would highly recommend.
12/01/2018 - ANGER, Ashford
03/02/2016 - McGee, Lanark
Great service, fast delivery and item spot on.
09/12/2015 - Sleightholme, Poulton-le-fylde
Great torch. Bought this as its the higher lumen rating in the h52 family. Already have a 52fw and both are used as a night lights for my kids plus as a torch when we go out at night. Zebra lights are quality pieces of kit but i'd say despite this being the brighter of the two the beam is nicer on the fw. Battery lasts for eons on the lower settings - the level of adjustment was part of the reason for buying zebralight again. Well worth the money.