The Inchworm is made of extremely hard 6Al-4V titanium. Titanium is known for its corrosion resistance, and has a very high strength-to-weight ratio. It is typically described as having the strength of steel with a weight comparable to aluminum.
- Diameter: 3/16"
- Overall Length: 3-3/8"
- Measuring length: 3"
- Weight: 6.5 grams [.23 oz]
The Inchworm comes packaged in a foam-lined case with an 8.6 mm diameter split ring and snap clip for attachment to other items.
The TEC Accessories Inchworm is a functional key chain accessory that you'll use more times than you ever thought. A "ruler in the round", the Inchworm is a rod of 3/16" diameter 6Al-4V grade titanium with grooves cut at 1/8" increments up to 3" long. The outside surface is bead blasted to a uniform matte finish, and new grooves are then cut at the 1/2" marks and 1" marks for ease of reading.
Why would you carry a ruler on your key chain? The real question is why not? Think of the possibilities!
- Check your tire tread depth
- Check the width of a broken fan belt or hose for replacement
- Checking screw lengths
- Comparing different product sizes at the store
- Job-related measurements
- Visualizing the size of a product based on reading product size specifications
- Comparing the physical size of a part with the product packaging specifications at the store (i.e. buying a replacement plumbing fitting)
Carry this gorgeous piece of titanium on your key chain and you are sure to get comments. Will they know what it is? See if they can figure it out!