This product requires age verification to prove you are over 18. Where possible we will use the electoral register, but proof of age via email may be required. Click here for full details.
The Opinel Stainless Steel knives offers a range of classic, traditional tools, ideal tool for a variety of activities. Ranging from the No.6 with a 7 cm blade through to the No. 12 with a 12 cm blade, each knife can be used for a different purpose, without compromising on excellent quality.
Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, each knife has a Virobloc safety ring fitted to it. Made from stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. This allows the blade to be securely locked in place, either whilst using or when folded closed, providing safety and security.
The blade is made from Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel, which is anti-corrosive and requires no special maintenance. The blade has adapted a Yatagan shape which is inspired by a traditional Turkish saber. The handle of the knife is made from French beech which is hard, durable and easy to work with. With a homogeneous appearance, the wood varies from tints of yellow to pink and is characterised by the presence of numerous small dark dashes.
Choose from the following knives:
- No. 6: 7 cm blade - Ideal for outdoor activities and sports, plus daily manual work such as small crafts and sewing.
- No. 7: 8 cm blade - Ideal for camping and the perfect picnic knife.
- No. 8: 8.5 cm blade - Popular for fisherman and hunters; the ideal outdoor activities knife.
- No. 9: 9 cm blade - Reliable and robust, a tool for all handymen.
- No. 10: 10 cm blade - Used for outdoor activities, including tasks such as trimming branches and working with dense materials.
- No. 12: 12 cm blade - Ideal for farmwork and hunting, this knife doubles as a cheese and ham knife at the table.
- Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel
- Yatagan shape blade
- Beech wood handle
- Virobloc safety ring