The Nitecore P12GTS expands on the excellent P12 platform and utilises a Cree XHP35 HD LED. Brightness is increased to 1800 lumens on turbo setting, with a wide beam pattern and 226 meter range. Users looking for a long range option should also check the P12GT, which has lower brightness but a more focused beam profile and range of up to 367 meters.
Powered by a single 18650 battery, Nitecore recommend using the NL1835HP battery, which is available separately here:
The P12GTS is also compatible with CR123A primary cells, but turbo mode will not be accessible with these batteries
On / off operation of the P12GTS is accessed via the forward click tactical tail switch (with momentary on function) and a separate side switch, which changes the brightness level. The side switch on this model is metal and provides positive feedback, even when wearing gloves. Direct access to turbo and ultra-low is available and an intelligent memory function remembers the last used mode including Strobe, SOS and Beacon.
Brightness and Runtimes using NL1835HP 18650 battery:
Turbo: 1800 Lumens - 30 minutes runtime (Temperature regulation will lower output accordingly)
High: 900 Lumens - 2 hour 15 minute runtime
Medium: 240 Lumens - 5 hours 45 minutes runtime
Low: 70 Lumens - 19 hour runtime
Ultra-low: 1 Lumen - 250 hours runtime
Strobe - Beacon - SOS
Strobe mode can be activated by double pressing the side switch. The strobe on the P12GTS is randomised, which is more disorientating than a regular strobe.
A power indicator beneath the side switch flashes blue to display the remaining battery voltage.
Other unique features include:
- Efficient constant circuit (non-PWM) for comfortable viewing.
- Advanced temperature regulation, which adapts the output to prevent overheating.
- Double layer tube design for increased strength.
- Waterproof to IPX8 (2 meter submersible).
- Impact resistant to 1 meter
Nitecore P12GTS Includes: Belt holster, wrist lanyard, removable pocket clip, spare o-ring, removable grip ring and 2 x CR123A single use batteries.
- Length: 14.5cm
- Head Diameter: 2.54cm
- Weight: 99 grams
- Maximum Peak Intensity: 12,760 cd
- Optical system combined with crystak coating and Precision Digital Optics Technology (PDOT)
- High efficiency constant circuit provides stable output
- Power indicator beneath the switch indicates the remaining battery power
- The power indicator can also display the battery voltage (±0.1V)
- Rigid double layer tube design
- Incorporated Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) module
- Electronic reverse polarity protection
- Optical lens with double-sided scratch resistant coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy
- HA III military grade hard-anodised finish
- Tail stand capable