The Nitecore NU32 is a high performance rechargeable head torch with multiple outputs. The main beam is provided by a Cree XP-G3 S3 LED with a maximum brightness of 550 lumens and a range of up to 125 meters. In addition to the main LED there are two auxiliary Red LEDs and two High CRI LEDs. The red outputs effectively protect night adapted vision and can also be used for wildlife observation and night photography. The high CRI LEDs provide accurate colour rendering capabilities, which resemble daylight and reduce eye strain.
Featuring a built in high capacity Li-ion battery rated at 6.66Wh, which is equivalent to 9 x AAA batteries yet with a weight of only 99.5 grams including the headband. Charging is easy with the supplied micro-usb lead, which plugs into the charging port on the side of the NU32.
Four brightness levels, three light sources and two special modes means there's an output for every occasion:
Turbo White Light: 550 lumens - 1 hour runtime
High White Light: 190 lumens - 17 hours runtime
Medium White Light: 33 lumens - 50 hours runtime
Low White Light: 1 lumen - 330 hours runtime
High CRI LED: 19 lumens - 25 hours runtime
Red LED: 9 lumens - 38 hours runtime
Red Flash: 9 lumens - 45 hours runtime
Plus SOS and Beacon Flashing Modes
The main lighting unit incorporates a tiltable bracket, which can be angled downwards when required.
The NU32 can also be used as an emergency light source and will operate while connected to a USB power source such as a power bank.
A built in power indicator reports the remaining battery power via a sequence of red flashes from the light inside the switches.
Nitecore NU32 Operating instructions:
Dual Switches: The power button controls the white light and the R button controls the red light.
White Light Illumination: With the light turned off, press the power button to turn the white light on.
1. Within an interval of 3 seconds when the light is on, pressing the power button repeatedly to cycle through low - medium - high - standby.
2. Pressing the power button when no action is taken after 3 seconds will turn off the light.
Access to Turbo: When the light is turned on, press and hold the power button for one second to enter turbo mode. Note the turbo output drops after 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
High CRI Auxiliary LEDs: When the light is turned off, press and hold the power button for 1 second to activate the two onboard white auxiliary LEDs for flood illumination, Press power button again to turn off.
Red Auxiliary LEDs: When the light is turned off, press the R button to turn the red auxiliary LEDs on. Press the R button repeatedly within an interval of 3 seconds to cycle through Red - Flashing Red - Standby. Pressing the R button when no action is taken after 3 seconds will turn the red lights off.
Lockout Mode: With the light turned off, press and hold both buttons simultaneously until the built-in indicator flashes. Same process to unlock.
- Dimensions: 63 mm x 43.5 mm x 31.5 mm / 2.48" x 1.71" x 1.24" (bracket included)
- Weight: 76.4 g / 2.69 oz. (bracket and headband included)
- White and red dual outputs
- Optical system combined with crystal coating and 'Precision Digital Optics Technology' (PDOT)
- Built-in 1800mAh Li-ion battery
- USB rechargeable with onboard charging circuit
- Dual switches design offers easy one-handed operation
- Power indicator beneath switches indicates remaining battery power
- Flood beam profile with 60° adjustable angle
- Made from durable PC materials
- Compact and lightweight
13/12/2018 - Riley, Alfreton
This is a brilliant head torch, the light is very bright and shows quite a big area just what I needed when working at night.