The Nitecore MT1A is powered by a single AA (alkaline or NiMH but not Li-ion) battery and features a Cree XP-G2 R5 LED with a maximum output of 180 lumens. A great value for money no-nonsense flashlight for every day use.
Useful features include a removable and reversible pocket clip, anti-roll head, forward click switch with momentary-on ability, smooth parabolic reflector for long throw, able to tail stand for use as a candle and waterproof to two meters.
The MT1A has four brightness levels plus strobe and SOS flashing modes. With the head in the tightened position the light will activate in turbo mode, lowering the output after three minutes to prevent over-heating. With the head slightly loosened the light will cycle through the other three brightness levels and two flashing modes. These levels have memory function.
Brightness levels based on 1xAA NiMH 2400 mAH battery:
Turbo – 180 lumens: 1 hour 30 minute runtime
High – 55 lumens: 5 hour 30 minute runtime
Mid: 22 lumens: 18 hour runtime
Low: 5 lumens: 60 hour runtime
Maximum beam distance 86 meters, waterproof to IPX-8 (2 meters submersible) and resistant to impacts up to 1.5 meters.
Includes: Clip, lanyard, spare plastic cap, spare O-ring & one AA battery.
- LED Premium CREE XP-G2 R5 LED
- Maximum output of up to 180 lumens
- High efficiency current circuit board
- Maximum runtime of up to 60 hours
- Two rapid switching modes suit various user requirements.
- User-defined mode allows for customized brightness levels and a multitude of functions
- Intelligent memory functions
- Anti-rolling design
- Reverse polarity protection
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Aluminum reflector ensures a smooth and powerful beam
- Aero grade aluminum alloy
- HA III Military grade hard anodized
- Detachable two-way anti-rolling clip
- Purpose-made rhombic knurling for better grip
- IPX-8 standard waterproof (submersible to two meters)
- Length: 105mm
- Head Diameter: 22.56mm
- Tail Diameter: 21.5mm
- Weight: 55grams (without battery)
- Accessories: Clip, lanyard, spare plastic cap, and spare O-ring
06/01/2016 - Mr Sankey, Manchester
Great output for a AA and build quality is top notcch - as expected for nitecore. UI is simple and straightforward, although I'd appreciate "momentary on" and a "straight to strobe" functions. Keep this in the glove box in the car as a great portable versatile flashlight