The Nitecore MH12GTS builds on the popular MH12 platform and utilises the Cree XHP35 HD LED. Brightness is increased to 1800 lumens on turbo setting, with a wide beam pattern and 226 meter range. Users looking for a long range option should also check the MH12GT, which has lower brightness but a tighter beam profile and range of 320 meters.
The MH12GTS is rechargeable and includes Nitecore's high capacity NL1835HP 3500mAh 8A 18650 battery, which charges inside the torch via the USB port on the tail cap. This model is also compatible with CR123A primary cells but turbo mode will not be accessible with these batteries. The micro-usb charging port is protected by a rubber cover to provide protection from water and dust.
On / off operation is accessed via the tactical tail switch (with momentary on) and a separate side switch changes the brightness level. The side switch on this model is metal and provides positive feedback, even when wearing gloves. Direct access to turbo and ultra-low is available as well as an intelligent memory function, which remembers the last used mode.
Five brightness levels plus three special flashing modes:
Turbo: 1800 Lumens - 30 minutes runtime (Temperature regulation will lower output accordingly)
High: 900 Lumens - 2 hour 15 minute runtime
Medium: 240 Lumens - 5 hours 45 minutes runtime
Low: 70 Lumens - 19 hour runtime
Ultra-low: 1 Lumen - 250 hours runtime
Strobe - Beacon - SOS
Strobe mode can be activated by double pressing the side switch. The strobe on the MH12GTS is randomised, which is more disorientating than a regular strobe.
A power indicator beneath the side switch flashes blue to display the remaining battery voltage.
Other features include:
- Efficient constant circuit (non-PWM) for comfortable viewing.
- Advanced temperature regulation, which adapts the output to prevent overheating.
- Double layer tube design for increased strength.
- Waterproof to IPX8 (2 meter submersible).
- Reverse polarity protection.
Nitecore MH12GTS Includes: wrist lanyard, spare o-ring, micro USB charging cable, holster, grip ring, pocket clip, Nitecore NL1835HP 18650 3500mAh 8A battery.
- Length: 14.4cm
- Head Diameter: 2.54cm
- Tail Diameter: 2.6cm
- Weight: 99.5 grams
- Reflector: Smooth polished
- Maximum Beam Intensity: 12760 cd
- Optical system combined with crystal coating and Precision Digital Optics Technology (PDOT)
- High efficiency constant circuit provides stable output up to 250 hours
- The metal side switch controls 5 brightness levels and 3 special modes
- A power indicator beneath the side switch indicates the remaining battery power
- The power indicator can also display the battery voltage (±0.1V)
- Built-in Li-ion battery charging circuit with a micro USB port
- Rigid double layer tube design
- Incorporated Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) module
- Electronic reverse polarity protection
- Optical lenses with double sided scratch resistant coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy
- HA-III military grade hard anodised finish
- Tail stand capable