The Nitecore HA40 has a maximum output of 1000 lumens from the Cree XM-L2 LED and is powered by 4 x AA batteries (alkaline or NiMH). The batteries are housed in a separate battery box which sits at the back of the headband to distribute the weight, ensuring the HA40 sits comfortably when wearing for long periods.
The Nitecore HA40 has a range of excellent features to provide you with suitable lighting for a variety of requirements. The headlamp offers integrated Precision Digital Optics Technology for extreme reflector performance, with a beam distance of 182 meters and 8300cd beam intensity. The HA40 has five brightness levels ranging from 1 to 1000 lumens, which provide a wide beam angle for flood lighting. The brightness levels and three special modes are operated by a single switch on the body of the light.
The HA40 features a die-cast uni-body made from durable aluminium alloy, which is lightweight and good at dissipating heat to avoid overheating and in turn prolonging the life of the LED.
Brightness Levels & runtimes:
Using 4 x NiMH AA batteries
Turbo: 1000 lumens - 1 hour runtime
High: 500 lumens - 2 hours 15 minute runtime
Mid: 210 lumens - 6 hours 30 minute runtime
Low: 45 lumens - 38 hours runtime
Ultralow: 1 lumen - 430 hours runtime
Using 4 x alkaline AA batteries
Turbo: 1000 lumens - 30 minutes runtime
High: 500 lumens - 1 hour runtime
Mid: 210 lumens - 4 hours 30 minutes runtime
Low: 45 lumens - 30 hours runtime
Ultralow: 1 lumen - 300 hours runtime
Maximum beam distance 182 meters, waterproof to IP66 and resistant to impacts up to 1.5 meters.
Includes: headband, 4 x alkaline AA batteries, headband, battery pack.
- Size: 2.52" x 1.42" x 2.20" / 64 mm x 36 mm x 56 mm
- Weight: 4.47 oz. / 126.7 g (excluding batteries)
- Die-cast aluminium alloy construction
- Peak intensity up to 8300cd
- Single switch controls 5 brightness levels and 3 special modes
- Integrated Precision Digital Optics Technology for reflector performance
- High efficiency constant circuit provides runtime up to 430 hours
- Tilting mechanism
- Flood lighting system produces a wide 90º beam angle
- Intelligent memory function
- Advanced temperature regulation (ATR) technology
- Comfortable headband made from quality elastic nylon
- Optics lens with anti-reflective coating
- Constructed from rugged aero-grade aluminium alloy
- Rugged HAIII military grade hard anodised aluminium alloy