The Nitecore GEM8 UV has a maximum output of 3000mW 365nm ultraviolet light and is powered by 1 x Li-ion 18650 or 2 x single use CR123 batteries.
The torch has been designed to identify and inspect gemstones as the UV light makes amber and diamonds flouresce. The GEM8 features a narrow head, ideal for small gems as the LED is attached to then lens, ensuring zero light loss.
The GEM8 UV is operated by a rotary switch which is turned clockwise to cycle through the infinitely variable UV light. The lowest setting is 5mW, with a runtime of 500 hours, up to the highest output of 3000mW, with a runtime of 4 hours and 15 minutes. Made from aerospace aluminium with an HAIII military grade, hard-anodised finish, the light is impact resistant and able to withstand usual wear and tear.
Turbo: 3000mW - 4 hrs 15 mins runtime
Ultralow: 5mW - 500 hrs runtime
Waterproof to IPX-8 and resistant to impacts up to 1 meter.
Includes: spare o-rings, lanyard, holster, 2 x CR123 batteries.
- Head Diameter: 0.35" / 9 mm
- Tube Diameter: 0.85" / 21.5 mm
- Length: 5.47" / 139 mm
- Weight: 2.04 oz. / 57.7 g
- UV light output of 3000mW
- Wavelength of 365nm
- Rotary switch allows infinite variable brightness adjustment
- High efficiency constant circuit provides unwavering output with a maximum runtime of 500 hours
- Advance Temperature Regulation (ATR) module
- Integrated measurement scale
- Toughened ultra clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy with HAIII military grade hard-anodised finish
- Tail stand capability