The Nitecore EA21 has a maximum brightness of 360 lumens from the XP-G2 (R5) LED.
The EA21 is powered by two AA (alkaline or NiMH) batteries - cheap to buy and readily available making this the ideal travel companion.
This torch cannot use 14500 Li-ion batteries.
In addition to the main white output the EA21 features a secondary red LED for when only a small amount of light is required without degrading the users night adapted vision. When in standby mode the red LED flashes once every three seconds to help locate the flashlight. When the tail cap is tightened after battery installation the red LED will flash to indicate the battery voltage (accurate to 0.1V - patented) making the EA21 a portable multi-meter,
Two lockout modes to prevent accidental operation are available: With the light turned on press and hold both switches for over one second to enter lockout mode, alternatively simply loosen the tail cap to cut off power entirely (recommended when storing for long periods).
Operated by a dual side switch for easy one handed use and direct access to turbo and ultra-low modes.
Five Brightness Levels based on 2xAA NiMH 1.2V 2500 mAH batteries :
- Turbo - 360 lumens - Runtime 1 hour 15 minutes
- High - 220 lumens - Runtime 2 hour 15 minutes
- Medium - 110 lumens - Runtime 5 hour 45 minutes
- Low - 35 lumens - Runtime 11 hours
- Ultra Low - 1 lumen - Runtime 30 hours
Three concealed special modes are also available: Strobe, SOS and Location Beacon. Direct access to strobe is possible by pressing the mode switch twice in quick succession.
Maximum beam distance of 167 metres, waterproof to IPX - 8 (2 metres submersible) and impact resistant to drops from 1.5 metres. Anti-rolling design body and flat tail cap for increased tail-stand capability.
Head diameter 25.4 mm for coosing diffusers & filters.
Includes: belt holster, pocket clip, lanyard, spare o-ring & 2 x AA alkaline batteries.
- Utilizes CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED
- Maximum output of 360 lumens
- Integrated “Precision Digital Optics Technology” provides extreme reflector performance
- Boasts a peak beam intensity of 7000 cd and a throw distance of up to 167 meters
- Dual-switch design ensures unprecedented ease of use
- Secondary red LED provides constant / flashing illumination
- Indicates battery voltage with a red flashing LED (accurate to 0.1V)
- High efficiency constant current circuit enables maximum runtime of up to 30 hours
- Direct access to ultra-low and turbo output
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage from incorrectly inserted batteries
- Detachable two-way anti-rolling clip
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-scratch coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy
- HAIII military grade hard-anodized
- Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (2 meters submersible)
- Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
- Tail stand capability
- Length: 5.57” (141.5mm)
- Head diameter: 1” (25.4mm)
- Tail diameter: 0.83” (21.2mm)
- Weight: 2.36oz (67 gram) (without batteries)
25/02/2017 - Pires, Coimbra
A fine, very bright flashlight with some really useful functions added.