The Pygmy Falcon 2 (0517) is a compact and versatile Maxpedition day pack featuring a rectangular shaped design, making it ideal for travelling and hiking, in addition to everyday use.
With Y-shaped compression straps contributing to the bags form and structural integrity, a row of sewn nylon hard points in front allows users to attach other Maxpedition pouches and accessories with the 'snap and anchor' modular expansion system.
There is comfortable back padding and soft, curvaceous straps supported by 1.25 inches of nylon webbing to minimise the load on the shoulders. Two side net pouches with cinch cord can be used to carry water bottles.
The main compartment of the bag can be fully unzipped for easy access to the contents of the bag without having to empty out the whole bag to find something near the bottom.
- Overall size: 9.5"(L) x 8"(W) x 17.5"(H)
- Main compartment: 9"(L) x 4.5"(W) x 17"(H)
- Volume: 1100 cu. in. / 18L
- Y-compression strap made from 1" webbing
- 2 rows, 5 channels of PALS webbing
- 3 channels of 2" webbing loops
- Bungee cord retention
- One (1) 7"(L) x 12"(H) zippered pocket
- One (1) 7"(L) x 12"(H) x 2.5"(W) zippered pouch
- One 6.5"(L) x 6.55"(H) internal slip pocket
- Three (3) 1"(L) x 5"(H) internal slip pockets
- One (1) 3"(L) x 5"(H) internal slip pocket
- Breathable padding for comfort
- 2 rows of 2-channel PALS webbing
- 1 mesh side pouch to accommodate 32oz / 1L water bottle, with cord retainer
- 2 rows of 2-channel webbing PALS1 mesh side pouch to accommodate 32oz / 1L water bottle, with cord retainer
- Grab handle made from 1" webbing
- 2 attachment loops made from 1" webbing
- Non-slip abrasion resistant material
Main Interior Rear:
- One (1) hydration bladder loop hanger made from 3/4" webbing
- One (1) 9"(L) x 13"(H) internal slip pocket
- One (1) 9"(L) x 7"(H) internal zippered pocket
- One (1) 9"(L) x 4.5"(H) internal slip pocket
- 2.5" adjustable padded, breathable backpack straps with 5 channels of PALS webbing, 1x 2" webbing loop, and 1" D-Rings attachment points (each strap)
- Removable sternum strap made from 1" webbing with 1" quick release buckle, with elastic shock absorber
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- YKK high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- Maxpedition's nylon fabric is treated with Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
28/03/2017 - Dietrich, Grevenbroich
Great small daypack with very good quality.
21/06/2016 - Crichlow, LONDON
I held off getting this backpack because of the price. But I'm so glad I finally did. One can tell quality at a glance, but touch the bag and feel the robustness of the material and be reassured. Nice day pack. It won't be the only Maxpedition bag I purchase! Excellent stuff.