The Lansky Deluxe Sharpening System (LKCLX) is an easy to use, precision-engineered system designed to give your blade a professional, razor sharp edge.
The Deluxe has colour coated, finger grooved safety holders mounted to stones and an extra long knife clamp to hold the blade securely.The custom molded storage box can hold all the components and can be used as a carry case. Easy to follow, multi-lingual instructions are also included.
The kit includes:
- Extra Coarse Black Hone (70 grit) for re-profiling the bevel grind
- Coarse Red Hone (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Green Hone (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Blue Hone (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp
- Ultra-Fine Ceramic Yellow Hone (1000 grit) for polishing the edge for a razor sharp edge
- Honing Oil Specially Formulated for sharpening (not recommended with diamond sharpeners, use water instead)
- One guide rod for every hone
17° Angle - A severe angle recommended for razor blades, scalpels or similar tools. Provides an extremely sharp but delicate edge.
20° Angle - A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and filet knives.
25° Angle - The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
30° Angle - An outstanding angle for knives that see the heavy use of cutting cardboard, wire or carpets. Recommended for heavy duty use.
Please note the Deluxe Sharpening System comes in a black box, not red.