- Length: 138.5 mm
- Head Diameter: 34 mm
- Body Diameter: 30 mm
- Weight: 126 g (excluding battery)
- Micro USB charging
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
- Battery level indication
- Low voltage warning reminds when battery replacement is needed
- Reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery insertion
- Intelligent overheat protection to prevent high surface temperature
- Intelligent memory circuit memorises the last used brightness levels when turned on again
- Made of durable aircraft grade aluminium
- Premium type III hard anodised anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
4.5 Overall rating
The Fenix PD40R has a maximum output of 3000 lumens from the Cree XHP70 LED and is powered by 1 x 26650 batteries, which comes included with the torch.
The super bright flashlight offers an incredible output from a slimline, compact torch that is ideal for everyday carry. Measuring 138.5 mm and weighing 125 g (excluding battery), the PD40R can easily be stored and carried.
Offering five brightness levels, plus a strobe and SOS mode, the torch is not short of innovative design features. The PD40R has a lockout function, heat control and dual-protection, in addition to being USB rechargeable. The torch comes with a 26650 battery and a micro USB cable that can charge the battery inside the torch, allowing for ease and convenience when you are on the go. Whilst the torch is charging the charging indicator will show red and then green when fully charged.
The PD40R has a dual switch operation which is comprised of a master and auxiliary switch. Press the master switch for half a second to activate general mode and single click the same switch to cycle from eco to turbo. The auxiliary switch can be pressed for half a second to activate the flash mode, then single click to cycle to strobe and SOS.
Turbo: 3000 lumens - 12 mins runtime
High: 1000 lumens - 2 hrs runtime
Mid: 350 lumens - 7 hrs 25 mins runtime
Low: 100 lumens - 21 hrs 15 mins runtime
Eco: 20 lumens - 55 hrs runtime
Plus Strobe (1000 lumens) and SOS (350 lumens) modes.
Maximum beam distance 200 meters, water resistant to IP68 and resistant to impacts up to 1 meter.
Includes: lanyard, 1 x 26650 battery, spare o-ring, holster, USB charging cable