The Fenix LD22 has a maximum output of 300 lumens from the Cree XP-G2 R5 LED and has a stainless steel side switch & bezel. This model has a dual mode interface - Outdoor Mode & Tactical Mode.
In Tactical Mode the side switch is disabled, leaving the tail switch to cycle between turbo & strobe & mid modes. In Outdoor Mode the side switch controls cycles through the different brightness levels.
Powered by two AA batteries (Ni-MH, Alkaline or non-rechargeable Lithium), the LD22 features four brightness levels plus strobe and SOS mode.
The Fenix LD22 has a smooth reflector.
Brightness Levels: (Using two Ni-MH batteries)
Turbo: 300 lumens - 1 hr 25 mins runtime
High: 100 lumens - 7 hrs 10 mins runtime
Mid: 30 lumens - 25 hrs 5 mins runtime
Low: 5 lumens - 100 hrs runtime
Brightness Levesl using 2 x alkaline AA batteries:
Turbo - 300 lumens, 40 mins
High - 100 lumens, 5 hrs 5 mins
Mid - 30 lumens, 22 hrs 30 mins
Low - 5 lumens, 90 hrs
Plus Strobe (300 lumens) & SOS mode (100 lumens).
Maximum beam distance 120 meters, waterproof to IPX-8 (submersible to 2 meters) and impact resistant to drops from 1 meter.
Includes: pocket clip, lanyard, holster, spare o-rings, 2 x AA alkaline batteries.
With the purchase of a suitable mount, the LD22 is ideal for use on a bicycle.
- Batteries: 2 x AA alkaline
- Additional Battery Type: 2 x AA NiMH
- Lamp Type: Cree XP-G2 R5 LED
- Reflector: Smooth
- Lens Type: Toughened ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Switch Type: Side button mode switch / tail cap on - off - momentary - tactical output switch
- Construction: Durable aircraft grade aluminium
- Finish: Premium type III hard anodised anti-abrasive finish
- Tail Stand: No
- Pocket Clip: Yes
- Length: 155 mm
- Diameter: 21.5 mm
- Weight: 72 g (excluding batteries)
22/03/2017 - Mr Lankford, Cambridge
The most impressive performance I have seen from an AA torch. Superb