- Batteries: 4 x AA
- Additional Battery Type: 4 x AA NiMH
- Lamp Type: Cree XM-L2 U2 LED
- Reflector: Smooth
- Lens Type: Toughened ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Switch Type: On-off-mode switch with separate burst button
- Construction: Made from durable aluminium alloy and performance plastic
- Finish: Aluminium alloy has a premium type III hard anodised anti-abrasive finish
- Tail Stand: No
- Pocket Clip: No
- Light Size: 67.4 mm (length) x 55.9 mm (width) x 34.7 mm (height)
- Battery Case Size: 88.8 mm (length) x 73.7 mm (width) x 26.2 mm (height)
- Weight: 154.2 g (excluding batteries)
The Fenix HP15 UE Ultimate Edition head torch is powered by 4 x AA alkaline single use or 4 x NiMH AA rechargeable batteries with an impressive maximum output of 900 lumens in burst mode from the Cree XM-L2 U2 LED.
The batteries are housed in a separate battery box, which is mounted on the rear of the headband that gives a good fore-aft balance.
The Burst mode is activated by its own dedicated switch for 30 seconds, giving a range of 178 meters, after which the light will return to its previous state (either off or previous brightness level).
The second switch on the top of the headlamp controls the on/off & mode selection from High to Mid to Low to Eco to SOS.
The rugged aluminium chassis protects the lamp against impact & over-heating, & enables a 60 degree tilt mechanism.
The Fenix HP15 UE Ultimate Edition has a smooth reflector & a toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating.
The headlamp has reverse polarity protection to guard against incorrect battery installation.
Highly suitable for mountaineering, caving & similar outdoor activities.
There is a lock-out function to protect against accidental switching on.
Brightness Levels based on 4 x NiMH 2500 mAh rechargeable batteries :
Burst: 900 lumens in bursts of 30 seconds, after which the headlamp returns to its previous state
High: 400 lumens - 3 hrs 30 mins runtime
Mid: 150 lumens - 10 hrs runtime
Low: 50 lumens - 40 hrs runtime
Eco: 10 lumens - 160 hrs runtime
SOS: 50 lumens
Based on 4 x alkaline single use AA batteries:
Burst: 900 lumens in bursts of 30 seconds after which the headlamp returns to its previous state
High: 400 lumens - 3 hrs 10 mins
Mid: 150 lumens - 8 hours
Low: 50 lumens - 44 hours
Eco: 10 lumens - 170 hours
SOS: 50 lumens
Maximum beam distance 178 meters, waterproof to IPX-6 and resistant to impacts up to 1 meter.
Includes: headband, 2 x cable retaining clip, 4 x alkaline AA single use battery