The Fenix HM50R headtorch has a maximum output of 500 lumens from the Cree XM-L2 U2 LED and can be powered by either 1 x 16340 (RCR123) Li-ion rechargeable battery or 1 x CR123 single use cell. The HM50R comes with a Fenix 16340 battery which can be charged inside the headtorch via a micro USB charging cable (included).
The HM50R is able to withstand extreme temperatures, providing a reliable lighting source all through the year. The headlamp features four brightness levels ranging from 4 to 500 lumens, which are operated using the single switch on the light. The headlamp offers plenty of versatility, as it can be mounted in the silicone mount or removed and held in the hand for 90° illumination.
The light has an innovative battery indicator which is inside the switch on the headlamp. When the light is off, single click the switch to check the remaining power level; if a green light comes on the power is above 80%, if the green light flashes it is between 50 and 80%, if a blue light comes on the battery is between 20 and 50% and if the blue light flashes the battery is below 20%.
using 1 x 16340 battery
Turbo: 500 lumens - 2.5 hrs runtime
High: 130 lumens - 10 hrs runtime
Mid: 30 lumens - 24 hrs runtime
Low: 4 lumens - 90 hrs runtime
using 1 x CR123 battery
Turbo: 500 lumens - 2 hrs runtime
High: 130 lumens - 14 hrs runtime
Mid: 30 lumens - 48 hrs runtime
Low: 4 lumens - 128 hrs runtime
Maximum beam distance 80 meters, waterproof to IP68 and resistant to impacts up to 1 meter.
Includes: spare o-ring, spare rubber anti-dust cover, spare silicone holder, Fenix 16340 battery, charging cable.
- Reflector: Smooth aluminium reflector
- Lens Type: Toughened ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Switch Type: Head mounted push button switch
- Construction: Made from durable aircraft grade aluminium
- Finish: Premium Type III hard anodised anti-abrasive finish
- Tail Stand: Yes
- Pocket Clip: No
- Dimensions (including lamp holder): 67.5 mm (L) x 33 mm (W) x 28 mm (H)
- Weight: 63 g (including lamp holder and headband, excluding battery)