The Balder BD-1P can be powered by a single AA alkaline / 14500 Li-Ion battery or by two AA alkaline with the supplied extension tube; effectively giving you two lights in one.
The BD1P is also supplied with two bezels, one silver tactical and one black smooth edge, making this light highly customisable right out of the box. Three power levels: low (1%), medium (30%) and high (100%) selected by half pressing the tail button.
Maximum: 180 lumens - 2 hrs runtime
Minimum: 6 lumens - 100 hrs runtime
Forward click tail switch with momentary on function. Reversible pocket clip.
Includes: removable pocket clip, spare o-rings, spare switch boot and AA batteries.
- Replacement Stainless steel strike bezel
- Strong metal clip attached on both side
- Double AA for stronger beam and longer runtime
- Mil-Spec Type III Hard Anodized finish.
- Made from Aluminum alloy, really strong.
- Water proof to IPX-8 standard.
- Fully-regulated circuit, Broad input voltage (1.0V– 4.2V) and battery compatibility (i.e. alkaline, NiMH, 14500)
- Precision Aluminum reflector (Orange Peel)
- Simple operation. High-Medium-Low. No SOS and strobe modes
- Tail standing
- Tactical switch for momentary on.
- Prominent runtime
- Anti-reverse protection.
- Candle mode
- Advanced Cree XML-T6 LED
- Extension part can be removed and the torch can be changed to BD-1(1*14500/AA)
04/08/2016 - Erlandsson, Karlskoga
The softclick to pick lightlevel and then click home to turn on took a bit of getting used to, but no I think its better then the reverse. There is useless decoration pieces on the light that will catch in your pocket and cannot be removed, especially the light aluminium piece with Balders logo on it. The castle ring on the front is poorly machined with sharp corners. Almost like it is an afterthought. Other than that I like the light and it is my daily driver.