Proof of age may be required to ensure customers are 18 years old or over when buying knives or other bladed products.
Where possible we will check against the UK electoral register, should this method of verification be unavailable for whatever reason we may ask for proof of age by email before dispatching your order. This ID must match the name of the person placing the order.
To save time you can reply to your confirmation email with a scan or picture of your proof of age such as drivers license, passport or UK proof of age card (PASS Card). Email to email@example.com along with your order number.
This will be kept on file but not shared with any third parties and once submitted will not be required on future orders. We only need to see name and date of birth so feel free to block out any other information you do not wish to share.
In addition to the above Flashaholics take the following steps:
- Our merchant account will not accept pre-paid credit cards (which are available to under 18's).
- Paypal account set to only accept payments from customers aged 18 or over.
Basic laws on knives
It’s illegal to:
- sell a knife to anyone under 18, unless it has a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less
- carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade with a cutting edge 3 inches long or less
- carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
- use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife)
In Scotland, 16 to 18 year olds are allowed to buy cutlery and kitchen knives.
Lock knives are not classed as folding knives and are illegal to carry in public without good reason. Lock knives:
- have blades that can be locked and refolded only by pressing a button
- can include multi-tool knives - tools that also contain other devices such as a screwdriver or can opener