The Zebralight SC5C MKII torch has a maximum output of 475 lumens from the Cree XP-L2 white LED and is powered by a single LED (alkaline, lithium or NiMH). The flashlight has a nominal CCT 4000K and a typical CRI between 93-95; providing a neutral-warm beam tint; the higher the Kelvin (K), the cooler the beam tint.
The SC5C MK II has three user selectable, main brightness levels. Each level (High, Medium and Low) can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level can be further programmed to provide a huge range of outputs, ranging from 0.1 to 535 lumens.
The flashlight has a basic operation system to operate the main levels. One short click on the head torch turns on the light to High and again to switch it off; two short-click turns on the light to Mid and three short-click turns on the light to the special modes. Press and hold the switch (for over 0.6 seconds) to cycle through Low, then Mid and High, simply releasing at the desired level.
For more advance operation and configuration, press and hold to cycle from Low to Mid to High, and release at the desired level to set. Double click the switch to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections for the 3 main levels are memorised after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. When a configuration is finished, short click to turn off the light. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
Extremely lightweight and compact, the SC5C offers versatility and practicality, with outputs ranging from 0.08 to 475 lumens plus Beacon and Strobe modes.
High: H1 475 lumens for 3 minutes, then 352 lumens for 0.5 hours or H2 352 lumens - 0.9 hours / 236 lumens - 1.5 hours / 144 lumens - 2.8 hours
Medium: M1 79 lumens - 4.9 hours or M2 40 lumens - 9.6 hours / 18 lumens - 21 hours / 7.4 lumens - 48 hours
Low: L1 2.8 lumens - 4.2 days or L2 1 lumen - 14 days / 0.28 lumens - 50 days / 0.08 lumens - 4.3 months
Plus Beacon Strobe mode: 0.2 Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2 Hz Beacon at H1 / 4 Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
Waterproof to IPX7.
Includes: spare o-rings, 1 x alkaline AA battery.
- Operating Voltage Range: 0.7V - 2.0V
- Beam Spill: 80º
- Beam Hot Spot: 10º
- Head Diameter: 1" / 25.4 mm
- Length: 3.2" / 80.3 mm
- Weight: 1.8 oz. / 49 g
- Battery capacity indicator (LED flashes 1-4 times, 4 short clicks to start)
- All levels are current regulated
- Automatic stepping down from High to Medium, and from Medium to Low when battery capacity is low
- Durable electronic soft-touch switch
- Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels and beacon-strobes
- Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade aluminum bar stocks
- Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing
- Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
- Sealed and potted LED driver circuitry
- Battery reverse polarity protection
- Tempered optical grade glass
- Preinstalled bezel down pocket clip
- Orange peel reflector
- Battery power can be disconnected by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
23/09/2017 - Boyd, Aberdeen
Brilliant (pun intended) and versatile well-built light - if you like or need programmable modes (I don't need them) then this is also the one to go for IMHO.