The Nitecore TIP 2017 is an update on the original TIP with some innovative new features. Featuring a Cree XP-G2 LED with a maximum output of 360 lumens, the TIP 2017 is extremely compact and lightweight at only 23.5 grams, which is the same as a single AA battery! Small enough to comfortably fit onto a keyring there are few other lights that pack this much power into such a small package.
The main differences between the TIP 2017 and the original version are as follows:
- Removable multi-purpose clip that covers the USB charging port to protect from water and dust ingression and also covers the operating buttons to prevent accidental operation.
- Daily mode which automatically shuts the light off after 30 seconds and suitable for most everyday tasks while preventing the battery running out should it accidentally be turned on.
- Constant-on mode which is activated by pressing both power switch and mode switch at the same time until the LED flashes. This proves constant illumination.
The TIP 2017 does not have a lockout mode like the original version so we will continue to stock that model for as long as possible should this be a feature you require.
Brightness and Runtimes for TIP 2017:
- Turbo Mode: 360 lumens - 30 mins runtime
- High Level: 150 lumens - 1 hr 30 mins runtime
- Mid Level: 35 lumens - 6 hrs 30 mins runtime
- Ultra Low: 1 lumen - 46 hrs runtime
Direct access to turbo mode is possible by holding down the mode switch and direct access to ultra-low by holding the power switch.
A high efficiency constant current means no PWM and a stable consistent light. When in standby mode the Nitecore TIP 2017 takes advantage of a low power consumption management chip, which significantly reduces standby current draw to <5uA.
A built in Li-ion rechargeable battery rated at 500mAh provides the power and can be charged via micro-usb lead (not included). The battery features incorporated protection against over-charge, over discharge and short circuit. While charging a built in indicator light will display red and then change to green when charging is complete.
Available in Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Grey, Red and Silver.
Includes: Removable clip, key ring attachment and belt loop clasp.
Maximum Output: 360 lumens
Maximum Beam Distance: 74 meters
Maximum Beam Intensity: 1400 cd
Max Run time: 46 hours on ultra-low mode
LED TYPE: CREE XP-G2
Reflector: Orange Peel
Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion 500mAh
05/12/2017 - Fuell, thame
Great power for the size. Lovely Key ring light.
02/07/2017 - Mr. hussain, Luton
Awesome lil light. Much better then the tube which I personally found disappointing, but this one is just right..
25/06/2017 - Mr Attwood, Liverpool
I have had a number of key ring carry lights, most have been good work-tools to light your immediate space. But the 2017 Tip really does take it to the next level. As the light truly does have a rich full floody light (perfect for key ring EDC), which extends much further than you would expect for such a small light. The addition of the clip works very well to protect the buttons and as a method of attachment (say to a hat or belt). But best of all it covers & therefore protects the mini USB port. Of course this light is not a thrower, but for such a small light, (that when attached to keys) that you will have with you, you simply cant fail to be impressed.