The Nitecore SC4 Charger features manually selectable charging from 300mA to 3000mA with a total output of 6000mA (6A).
Each of the four slots has a maximum charging current of 3A, meaning two slots can charge at 3A simultaneously. At 3A it only takes 55 minutes to charge a 3500mAh IMR battery to 80%!
The SC4 features an LCD display that utilises MVA technology, which means it can be viewed clearly from a 160 degree angle. The display is the most comprehensive we have seen to date with a host of useful information including:
- Battery Internal Resistance - a good guide to the health of the battery
- Charging Mode
- Battery Voltage
- Battery Type
- Charging Time
- Charging Voltage
- Charging Current
An intelligent charging mode allows the SC4 to automatically detect the battery type and capacity, and select the appropriate charging current based on the battery type:
- Large capacity Li-ion (>1200mAh) the default current is 2000mA
- Small capacity Li-ion (<1200mAh) the default current is 500mA
- Ni-MH (NiCd) the default current is 500mA
Charging modes are also manually selectable allowing the user to change charging voltage and charging current by holding the 'C' switch.
Charging priority function allows the batteries in slots 1 and 2 to charge in priority order.
Other useful features include IMR battery recovery, depleted Li-ion battery activation, anti-short circuiting and reverse polarity protection, 5V USB output for charging external devices (not as a power bank).
Our Nitecore chargers are guaranteed to be 100% genuine with validation stickers and genuine UK plugs compliant to BS1363A. Chargers can be validated here:
- Weight: 385 g (excluding batteries and power cord)
- Dimensions: 165 mm x 110 mm x 45 mm
- Input Voltage: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
1A (MAX) 40W
DC 12V 3A
- Battery Output Voltage: 4.35V±1% / 4.2V±1% / 3.7V±1% / 1.48V±1%
- USB Output Voltage: 5V±5% 2.1A MAX
- Output Current: 3A*2 MAX 1.5A*4